Free Ukulele Classes @ New York Public Library in July

FREE UKULELE CLASSES @ NYPL
+ Myself and special guests perform
Pretty exciting stuff you guys — I’ll be teaching FREE ukulele classes at New York Public Library in two locations: Tompkins Square Park and St. George. In addition to learning how to tune your ukulele, hold, strum and play the dern thing, you’ll meet a bunch of bookish and hopelessly adorably nerdy people who also call the ukulele their friend, but hopefully not their only friend. In addition to learning the uke, you’ll also see some special guest performers show off their skills.
More information to come, but here are the dates:
St George Location:
Saturday, June 30th @ 12 Noon
Tompkins Square Location:
Every Monday in July, including
Monday, July 2 @ 5 PM
Monday, July 9 @ 5 PM
Monday, July 16 @ 5 PM
ADDENDUM: The lessons for Monday, July 23 @ 5 PM and Monday, July 30 @ 5 PM have been cancelled. But I am happy to teach lessons one on one. If money is an issue, I also consider bartering and can sometimes do a sliding scale. Lessons have also been added in a third location: Upper West Side in September, more details to come. Please visit www.yourocknyc.com for more information.
I think all you have to do is show up mostly sober and bring your ukulele. It’s gonna be fun and interesting. If you want to get yourself up to speed, check out my ukulele how to series on eHow.com, buy yourself a starter ukulele here and dance on over to one of the above locations when it’s time to be there. Cool? Cool.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Free Ukulele Classes @ New York Public Library in July

1. Caitlin says:

This is amazing! I got my uke a few months ago and I’m still getting up to speed. Is it ok to arrive a bit late? I work until 5pm on Mondays.

2. Michael Swensen says:

This sounds like wicked fun and a great way to meet like-minded folks to boot! Can’t wait!

3. denise murphy says:

my partner of 38 years died two years ago and i bought myself a
    ukelele to cheer me up …. unfortunately it’s still sitting in
    its’ box but it’s now time for me to learn how to play it and i’m
    ready : )
    thanks

• Jessica Delfino says:

Denise, I’m sorry for your loss. I think you’ll find a lot of joy in playing the ukulele, it’s a great instrument. Come and enjoy the free lessons and meet others who also enjoy playing the ukulele.

4. Emily says:

Hi,

Would it be okay if I start on July 16th? I would really like to attend all the classes but I will be away for the next two weeks. Thank you!

Emily

5. Jessica says:

Hi, how long will the lessons run? I usually get out of work at 6 pm, but I’d love to join for at least part of it. I’m wondering how early I would have to leave work, to make it worth it to come to the lesson at all?

Thanks!
    Jessica

• Jessica Delfino says:

Classes will run about 60 mins but I’m happy to discuss private lessons with you. I will also be teaching at the Upper West Side Library in September if July sessions don’t work for your schedule.

6. Pingback: Mondays Through July 16th: Free Ukulele Lessons - Free New York City Events & Cheap Things To Do - Nifty NYC